• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Over reading Airspeed indicator although passes pitot-static tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

By9468840

Reaction score
Is there any possible way for the ASI to pass the pitot-static tester with accurracy +/- 1 knot but overread in cruise flight by up to 10 knots? My ASI does and I am trying to understand how this could even be possible.
I also did the storm window test and noticed that my indicated speed increased as I opened the window.
But ground tests using a pitot-static tester indicates absolutely no sign any issues. If for some reason my static system was sensing cabin pressure, it'd have failed the static tester's altitude hold leak test.

What am I missing here?

Latest posts

Back