• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ONTARIO CYZR CYKM PIREPS Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickYoumans

Reaction score
It looks like I will be doing some consulting work for Bruce Power in Kincardine Ontario Canada after my current project finishes this fall. I have been to the AOPA website and reviewed the Customs checklists for flying into Canada and back into the US. This will be my first experience flying GA into Canada. I will be flying into CYZR Sarnia to clear customs then up the coast of Lake Huron to Kincardine CYKM. My first couple of trips I plan to fly commercially into Toronto since it will be winter. Hopefully by Spring and after I get a little more comfortable with that area of Ontario, I would like to start flying my own plane to Kincardine to avoid the commercial flying hastles. Any first hand information you can give me about CYZR, CYKM and dealing with Customs is appreciated. Do they have temporary hangars available in Kincardine. I don't need a hangar full time since I will primarialy be working from home and only fly up a couple of times a month for meetings. I will only need a hangar for a couple of nights each trip. When does the winter weather and snow usually let up enough for GA flights to get in and out?

Latest posts

Back