• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to us Cherokee 180c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwar74

Reaction score
Went out and picked up a 1965 Cherokee 180c - N8041W this weekend. I was able to fly it home without any hiccups that were too major. I was able to work out a co-ownership agreement, so we ended up with a fairly affordable purchase, at least to this point.

IMG_1234_zpsocxppzcg.jpg

IMG_1237_zpsz4cdy6fh.jpg

It has the significantly drooped wing tips that seem to be pretty rare. I will say it made landings pretty simple as there wasn't the significant sinking that I remember from the 63 Cherokee 180 that I flew 10 years ago. I always landed that one with a touch of power in. 8041W lands like a dream with no power and 2 notches of flaps.

The struts need some work. The guy we bought it from filled the nose strut himself, and basically maxed it out. The main gear struts are not equal either. Hopefully our mechanic here will be able to properly service them.

The door lever is a little sticky, and the top latch is kinda tricky to get to catch, so that will get some attention.

The airplane was in NW Colorado, and I'm in Kansas. I flew it north into Wyoming to avoid the mountains before turning her SE. Here's a pic from the trip home.

IMG_1242_zps365lrggz.jpg

Pretty neat! Although I wasn't doing alot of sightseeing as I was trying to stay tuned into the gauges, sounds and feel of her.

I'm excited to spend some more time in it and get to know it better.

Scott S.
K78

Latest posts

Back