• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member.. Pa24 or 32?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIPERND

Reaction score
Hi all...
I'm a new member here. Getting back to the air after a 12 year hiatus. By way of background, I am 43. I begn flying fixed wing at 14. PPL at 17. Went on to fly rotary wing in the military for 12 years through 2004 flying mostly rotary wing but some fixed wing still as well. I'm now back and looking for the right plane.
I have 2 children, 10 and 12. I would be looking at several trips per year of 500nm+ (I am in Philadelphia and have family property on Lake Michigan we visit several times per year and my wife is a Notre dame grad so there's 2-3 trips there per year.) as well as many 175-250 nm trips per year.
I do t ever want to have to really worry about W&B. I want more useful load than I will ever really need. Most trips will be 4 people plus bags but I envision several with 5-6/year.
I'm looking at PA-24 or 32.
Any advice from knowledgeable folks would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back