• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Member - advice on a potential Cherokee purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DICEL87

Reaction score
Just joined the group here this evening as I am researching buying my first plane and thought I could get some good guidance from this forum.

I went to look at a 1974 Piper Cherokee Cruiser 140 today at a local airfield that belongs to some friends of my Uncle. Its got 4500 hrs total time with a 150 HP Lycoming that's at about 500 hrs SMOH and has the Auto Fuel STC. Sennsinich prop is also at about 500 hrs and owners say logs are complete and that all ADs are in compliance. Last annual was in August last year and the aileron hinges were replaced as well as brake pads and rotors. All the radios work, it has a digital RPM gauge, a new ELT, electric trim on the yoke, and wheel pants. Paint may be original so its maybe a 6 and the interior is probably the same. The owners are moving up to an Archer and want 24K for this plane.

Is that about in the ball park?

A friend knows an A&P who is good with Pipers so I may see if I can line up a pre-buy to see what he can find.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back