• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Girl just joined. Hitchhiking on airplanes to 50 states

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wanted to share a little bit about me and where I am in my journey across the US, which kicked off in summer 2012. I have been hitchhiking on GA planes and have reached 13 states (I'm not counting fuel stops), visited Oshkosh, and have been featured in a number of media publications including AOPA, NPR, Seattle Times, and NBC Today.com. You can learn more about my project as I attempt to reach all 50 states on JetHiking.com. In each place I land, I explore the area and blog about my adventures.

I'm in San Francisco and am looking for a flight out of the Bay area (or nearby) to Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, or other parts of Cali. (Or anywhere in the US really). Let me know if anyone has an extra seat and can help me out!

Besides Alaska and Hawaii, I know that the middle states are going to be my biggest challenge. Does anyone know of any fly-ins, organizations, etc. that are based in Oklahoma, Missouri, or the Dakotas, that would be a good resource for this region?
Any feedback is welcome :)
Blue Skies!
Amber

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back