• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My actual RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
I was flying yesterday day to Mansfield WA, and checked out the results of my new digital tachometer.

414sCHDoQ-L._SY355_.jpg

At 2480 indicated, the actual RPM was 2580. I had been a little worried since my engine did not make the required 2275 static RPM. But it was just a 47 year old mechanical tach indicating 100 RPM low.

You should buy one of these. Cheap, fast, good!!!

http://www.amazon.com/G-T-POWER-Micro-Digital-Tachometer-Blade/dp/B00IA4GMBE/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&qid=1397832212&sr=8-50&keywords=digital+tachometer

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back