• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Montreal and Boston: Which airports?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoDelta

Reaction score
My wife and I will be flying, in our Arrow, from the Pacific Northwest to Bismarck, ND in September for a family event. We plan to extend the trip to visits to Montreal and Boston (among other stops). I'm trying to determine which airports in each of these cities are best for our needs. In particular, we don't want to have to rent a car to get to into the city, meaning that the airport has to be either fairly close in (within a reasonable taxi/Uber ride) or has reasonable access to commuter rail service. We will be staying in each city for a few days, so we need to land where parking and/or ramp fees, and fuel costs, won't break the bank.

For Montreal, it looks like a choice between Mirabel (CYMX) and St Hubert (CYHU). For Boston, it appears that there are several possibilities. Anybody care to offer advice?

BTW, it looks like the obvious route from Bismarck to Montreal is via the Michigan Upper Peninsula, crossing the border around Sault Ste. Marie. Comments?

Latest posts

Back