• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Matching paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
I am replacing my old K2U wingtips with ones that have embedded LED landing lights. Obviously they need to be painted. They need to be the deep red that my plane is already... Maybe the same as the Arrow on Pipers current website.

The exact color is recorded I the logbook from 2010 and it has been hangared since. Will simply using this paint match ok? My shop says that's how they do it but I am concerned about them matching. They say they would need to remove a panel to match it somewhere else, but of course themed have the old wingtips to match from.

Should I pressure them on an auto-type matching over will using the same color from the logs be enough? I doubt it faded much in a hangar but I know red fades more than other colors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back