• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Magnetos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper-6

Reaction score
On my 1966 pa 32 I pulled both magnetos for their 500 hr inspection.

I know they have been off before but I can't remember when and don't have the log book in front of me for reference.

Found the impulse coupling on the left mag (Bendix) to be loose on the shaft. The only thing holding it on was the cotter key.

This on an engine that was running fine and just pulled me from Fairbanks to Washington.

No metal in the oil either.

the rubber cushions on both mags were ok.

I have both mags in for IRAN/500 hr inspection. Suspect that the shaft on the left mag is toast because the threads are stripped.

Will follow up with report when I hear back from the mag man.

Latest posts

Back