• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lyc SI1487

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datamed1

Reaction score
Hi, I am not able to find this document. Does have any idea? The Lycoming library doesn't contains it. Thanks....

What's the topic of the SI? If you can't find it on Lycoming's technical publications site, I suspect its been rescinded or superseded.

sk

Service Instruction 1487 disappeared from the net.. .Unfortunately it is on the Lycoming SI/SB/SL list, among the active SIs:
S.I. 1487 Clearance, Oil Drainback Tube

1487 : “Clearance, oil drainback tube”

Shows up on the “active” list, but I don’t find it anywhere.

The only reference I find for it on the web is a Japanese website that tells me “your version of flash is out of date, click here to update to a current version of flash“ to see it. Since I don’t have flash it can’t be out of date and I’m not clicking on whatever that is!

I'd reach out directly to Lycoming customer service / tech support. They can help especially if you say you can't locate it on their website and it should be there somewhere.

sk

Hi, I didn't find the Lycoming Service Instruction 1135A. Perhaps can anyone help me? I ask service documents about mandatory maintenance to Sensenich propeller overspeed, Lycoming engine CHT limitation exceed, shock cooling limitation exceed. Please, help me if you can...
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back