• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Loss of vacuum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semerson

Reaction score
So, two or three flights ago, my vacuum gauge started dropping noticeably. At idle my vacuum was about 1-2” and at 2400 RPM, she was only producing 3” at best.

Now the vacuum is zero. During the annual, we only had time to verify that the vacuum pump is indeed moving with the engine and we were able to do a run out test on the vanes and they were satisfactory and within specs. So the vacuum pump seems fine. Looked behind the panel and all hoses and filters looked good. Regulator still had lock wire holding the setting in place.

What are some common causes of total loss of vacuum? I’m considering buying the whole rebuild kit buts it’s close to $1000…..

Latest posts

Back