• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Piper Dakota Sunvisors with Power Setting Table

Aviator305

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a replacement set of sun visors for a Piper Dakota with the printing of the power setting table intact. The visors that I am trying to replace are shown on the picture.

IMG_0225.jpg

Unit74

Reaction score
I have a set. But, I'm in California right now and they are in Georgia. I'm flying to GA Friday to help evacuate and will look for them. But, it's not on my priority list. After Irma passes through, I'm sure I can help you out.

arkvet

Reaction score
The power setting charts on visors are simply transparent cling on. I can't remember where I had mine done but I emailed them my settings chart and they sent me the chart. Maybe $25?

arkvet

Reaction score
I bet you can sand down and polish your old visors and use them.

Aviator305

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'm in Miami. I just got this plane and have flown 8 hours since getting it back from the overhaul last week.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of I barely got to know her.
I'm tied to work and can't fly it out of the area.

Good luck and God bless to all involved. This storm is scary.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'm in Miami. I just got this plane and have flown 8 hours since getting it back from the overhaul last week.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of I barely got to know her.
I'm tied to work and can't fly it out of the area.

Good luck and God bless to all involved. This storm is scary.
I'd hire someone to fly it out.

arkvet

Reaction score
I'd hire someone to fly it out.

Agree. Any GA pilot that is capable from S Florida should be looking for an opportunity to fly a piper inland on their way out of town.

Unit74

Reaction score
Easier said than done when everyone is bailing out the windows.

Unit74

Reaction score
Alright, now that ***** Irma is gone, I'll dig into the parts bins and pull out those Dakota sun visors tomorrow and post them up. It's been a rough week here.

Aviator305

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! No rush

I am going to be flying the plane back to Miami from Kentucky. Thankfully, the broker that sold me the plane was able to fly down to ferry it up last minute.