• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for part # for control shaft bushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going blind poring over fiche 1J19 figure 57 trying to figure out a part number for the bushing where the control yoke shaft goes through the instrument panel on my 74 Warrior. I have tried a bunch of lubricants over the 20 years I have owned the
plane but it seems they all start out ok but soon get sticky. I thought dry silicone spray was the solution but I have lost faith. I
am thinking that 47 years of lubricating the shaft may have caused a build up in the bushing. I am ready to go back to powdered graphite.

Three questions for the group. First, does anyone know what the part number for the bushing is? Second, how hard is it to change the bushing? Third, what do others think is the best lubricant?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back