• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

looking for 1973 Cherokee left aileron

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Welcome Catherine! Hopefully someone here can help you out with this.

She needs the left aileron from a hershey bar wing Cherokee...inward indentations if it makes a difference.

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Catherine! Hopefully someone here can help you out with this.

She needs the left aileron from a hershey bar wing Cherokee...inward indentations if it makes a difference.
It does make a difference - they have to match on both sides. They can be either, but they must be symmetrical - both ailerons have to be the same, and both flaps have to be the same, but the flaps and ailerons do not have to be the same.
Mark

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
It does make a difference - they have to match on both sides. They can be either, but they must be symmetrical - both ailerons have to be the same, and both flaps have to be the same, but the flaps and ailerons do not have to be the same.
Mark
Which is why I put it up there. She has everything else...an inny left aileron will match her right aileron. Amazing how problematic finding the left one has been. There are tons of right side ailerons for sale!

epopper

Reaction score
I am aware of a Piper Arrow that is being parted out in the Chicago area due to wingspar problems.

The ailerons may still be available.

Eric

epopper

Reaction score
Yes.

Email Juergen Klicker.

[email protected]

He has some parts left. Not sure which though...

The airplane he is parting out is a Arrow 180. Not sure of the year. I bought the Manifold Pressure/Fuel Flow gauge for my airplane but it is the wrong one so if anyone is interested in that.....

Eric

Latest posts