• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Legal support (critical engine overheat due to professional negligence)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, hearty aviators!

Badly need your assistance in my Sherlock-like aircraft story, which was getting weirder and weirder as it went, but now is definitely a brand new chapter for the price of the question is now multiplied.

So, a short pre-story: looking for a certified installer to modernize my aircraft, I happened to be lucky enough to address to the one (as advertisment for the installer, who is definitely the winner in category “Never more”: the APG, 28260 Airpark Drive, Unit 114, Punta Gorda, Fl, President - Boris Nekrasov), who stretched my one-month modernization project to 1 year and 8 months with multiple complications, violations of rules and agreements, expenditures on its way. Gladly, this chapter was closed successfully after some more people were engaged to speed up the process. Almost successful, if not considering the huge amount of time and enormous efforts throughout all this period.

Now, one year after that happy aircraft release, due to this annual inspection I found out that the well-loved installer had done even worse things to my aircraft that those we coped with before. The issue concerns the critical engine overheat which took place exactly while the aircraft was being modernized, which is noted in the exceedance logs.

According to the official response of the manufacturer, the engine demands overhaul.
The issue price is at least $300.000-500.000 and up to 8 months. Unfortunately, there was no chance getting to know this earlier for regular checkup doesn’t include this verification point.

Addressing to every aviator who happened to get in similar mess and those possessing the information needed:

Please, help me bring to account the negligent installer so that my case would make him change his totally amateur services into really professional ones!

Attachments

• ENG overheat.jpg
    ENG overheat.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • ENG Test.jpg
    ENG Test.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back