• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lance by the Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0537.jpg
Yesterday was my last trip over the rocks in the Lance for the season. I had never been in a Lance prior to buying this one and all in all I have been very pleased with the performance of the Lance, it did better than I expected.

Here are the stats from the summer:

Number of flights: 86
Cargo moved: 68,500#
Fuel burned: 1,796.8 gallons
Average fuel burn: 15.9/gph
Average mpg: 9.57 nm/gal
Average round trip length 400NM
Average ground speed: 152 kts
Average trip time: 2.63 hrs (measured on the maintenance hobbs that records when the wheels are up.)
Average WB cruise alt: 9K, EB: 12K. Nothing scientific from tracked data, just a best guess.

Not to shabby in my opinion, Piper built a pretty darn good plane; simple, tough and more efficient than I would have first expected.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back