• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lamps for PA32R-300 fuel gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norpcom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So on the lance I am still rocking the old school fuel gauges. The lamps (light bulbs) sometimes don't always illuminate except after a few taps on the dash. No big deal except annoying on night flights. Does anyone happen to know how the grounding works on these things? Does the housing for the lamp ground to the housing of the gauges which grounds to the airframe? It would seem that way. Is there a better way to ground these? Attached is a picture of a spare set of gauges (I collected spare parts for PA32R's). I do have good voltage to the lamp.

Attachments

• fuel gauge lamp.jpg
    fuel gauge lamp.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back