• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

KN75 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the process of checking out the systems in my aircraft ('79 Archer) and find that the glideslope doesn't give a flag (tried to fly an ILS). First thought is if the receiver is getting power. Without the engine running, I checked the power on the connector to the KN75 and was a little surprised at what I saw. Using a DVM it varies around 12.5VDC but it's not steady. Thinking there may be some noise on the line I pull out the scope and take a look. I find that between pins 1 (gnd) and 2 (+14) on the KN75 connector I see a square wave with a 50/50 duty cycle and alternating between 0 and 12VDC at a frequency of about 100Hz. The signal is clean and solid. Any ideas where something like this might be originating? From what I can tell this isn't correct as these pins should have a solid supply voltage. Am I mistaken or is something amiss and I'll have to get the shop involved to dig further?

Raymond Balister

Latest posts

Back