• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

King KI 207 VOR/GS Indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a Garmin SL-30 to replace one of my aging KX170Bs. Since the one that I have on NAV/COM #1 is a KI-209 with the internal converter I was looking into replacing the VOR/GS head as well. Looking at the prices they're all fairly expensive, except, the KI-207. Odd thing about this one is that it doesn't have an internal resolver for the course select, no azimuth card, and it doesn't have an OBS knob.

Since the SL-30 is able to select the OBS from its front panel, what would be the downside of using one of these since they're significantly cheaper?

Could it be used with the GNS/GTN navigators later? Or should I just save my pennies (again) and go for the GI-106 or Mid Cont equivalent?

Pros and cons welcomed.

rayb

Latest posts

Back