• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Is there a benefit to a GTX330ES over a Skybeacon for ADS-B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jd21476

Reaction score
I currently have a Garmin GTX330 transponder and I use a Uavionix Skybeacon for ADS-B out and a stratus for ADS-B in. I found a decent deal on a GTX330ES which would then give me the ADSB-out and Im told it needs to connect to a WAAS GPS which I have in the form of a Garmin GNC355. So there is a bit of a cost on install but I guess other than getting rid of the Skybeacon which works just fine, is there any other benefit to buying the 330ES as opposed to the standard 330? Will it give me any new capability above what my current set up does?

Latest posts

Back