• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Insight G4 vs JPI 830

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experience with Insight's G4? I had been planing to put one in but in reading some things at Beechtalk and elsewhere, I now think the JPI830 might be more reliable and easier to read. I just need to make sure it will fit correctly with my panel. I am planning to put it to the left of the STEC-30/Turn Coordinator and and at the same time am doing a custom metal panel.

The G4 is currently backordered at least 2 weeks so I have the opportunity to hem-and-haw some more.

People have said the knobs on the G4 are difficult to work with because the detents are not real solid and the rear connectors are not as good quality as the JPI stuff.

Any thoughts on these two monitors would be greatly appreciated. I like hte 830 display, but the G4 fits in a standard instrument slot.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back