• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ICAO Codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrc1962

Reaction score
So with the ICAO switch happening next month, I thought I'd file that way today. All I got was errors. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with FS when we got back and got a crash course on the codes. If you have Garmin equipment, you can download the spreadsheet below. This tells you which PBN codes to select. This was my issue. I had the wrong PBN codes selected.

https://static.garmincdn.com/apps/f...lans/Garmin_ICAO_Flight_Plan_Information.xlsx

We have the following in the panel...

Aspen 2500
GTN650
GNC255
GTX327
FreeFlight ADS-B in/out

Here is what worked for me...

ICAO Equipment: B, G, R, S
ICAO Surveilance: C, U2
ICAO PBN: A1, B2, C2, D2, L1, O2, S2

If you select R in the equipment codes, you have to select the correct PBN codes. The GTN and GNS GPS units allow you to select most of the available PBN codes. It's all in the spread sheet.

FS told me that in order to fly published GPS arrivals and departures, I had to select R and along with PBN code D2. Also have select B in equipment codes for LPV for GPS vertical nav.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back