• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

I want to pull and repair my 2 VOR's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Airtime2

Reaction score
What does this paragraph mean to you? It's FAR 43 appendix A

(4) Appliance major alterations. Alterations of the basic design not made in accordance with recommendations of the appliance manufacturer or in accordance with an FAA Airworthiness Directive are appliance major alterations. In addition, changes in the basic design of radio communication and navigation equipment approved under type certification or a Technical Standard Order that have an effect on frequency stability, noise level, sensitivity, selectivity, distortion, spurious radiation, AVC characteristics, or ability to meet environmental test conditions and other changes that have an effect on the performance of the equipment are also major alterations.

I don't want to change the design or the weight. The sections of the VOR's that need repair have nothing to do with freq. stability, noise level,etc., etc., etc.

I simply want to pull them, repair them, and re-install them using the same hardware.

The way I read and understand I see no reason I can't do that (after I get my private pilot's license). I understand I need to hold at least a private pilot certificate in order to do maintenance and sign off on it. I guess I'm about 10 hrs from my checkride.

Problems:
VOR one - to/from indicator inop
VOR two - gears broken and can't change frequency.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back