• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hello from Orlando (KORL)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichiphead

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My name is Jeffrey Booker, and I bought a '68 Cherokee 140 (N1805J) in 2010. A friend of mine twisted my arm, and we bought it together. He lost his medical, though, and never actually flew it. However, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, because I would never have taken the plunge on my own.

I've enjoyed the plane for over 300 hours now, having flown to the Bahamas and Florida keys a couple times each, Jekyll Island, Macon County (1A5) in the Smoky Mountains of NC, among many other places. I found a couple of new co-owners -- one who learned to fly and took his check ride in it last January.

Maintenance has been an issue for us over the last 6 years -- we apparently bought the worst Cherokee and have been fixing all kinds of stuff ever since. Even so, I still love the airplane, and work closely with my A&Ps to keep 'er flying. I now know what to look for when purchasing a Cherokee, but the knowledge came 6 years too late!

Also, I would just like to give a huge thanks to the people who have taken the time to post here! I've found this site to be a very valuable source of information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back