• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Heat (or glaring lack of) Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, went to go get my daughter down at school tonight, it’s chilly. Cranked the heat and the defrost open. Defrost working fine. Not hot, but plenty warm. Heat? Nada. Zilch. Frost on the pumpkin.

End of last winter I had an issue about the same. Actuator was sticking on the slide lever. Freed it up about the same time as I no longer needed heat. Now, here we go again. Had some hangar visitors ask if the nose fork could be getting up and interfering with the “bypass door” from the shroud. I have no idea. Anyone have a similar situation?

Lord knows it’s not from lack of available heat, lol! I’m not even quite sure which vents the heat is supposed to come out of... needless to say, all my eyeball vents are stuffed with paper towels from the fine folks down at the FBO.

Ideas please!!!! I have to take her back to school on Sunday! Lol

Thanks in advance, all...

Latest posts

Back