• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Has anyone installed the Garmin G3x touch in an Arrow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm considering a complete panel rebuild to include the G3x Touch, GTN750xi, GFC500 and EDM830 etc. If anyone has gone through this process and has any images of the install they'd be prepared to share I'd love to hear about it.

My current fit is a little old now but full IFR with LPV, unfortunately it's let down by a rather sluggish Altimatic III A/P which I'd like to replace (GFC500). Of course to do that I need at least 1 x G5 and if I'm doing that why not get a 2nd G5 and remove the vacuum system all together. Ah! but that'll render the RMI card useless (no interface).

I have the GNS430w and could swap it out for GTN650/750 or IFD540/440 but then where do you put the nice GTC255 and GTX 330, oh and did I mention I have to retain the old DME and ADF (new RBI card required) ...

So question, is the panel big enough to accommodate the big $$$ rebuild option or is going minimalist with GFC500, G5 and a Flightstream 210 (GNS430w) the more effective solution?

Any experienced input gratefully received even if it's 'get a bigger plane'!

Latest posts

Back