• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GTN 750 Mic Gain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In our club Cherokee 235, when we transmit on our GTN 750 while airborne or even with the engine making power, the mic is picking up a lot of background noise. It's not a problem on the intercomm, just when we transmit. I think it may have something to do with the mic gain setting in the GTN 750. Has anyone had a problem with this? It is quite loud in the 235. The few times I have taken off my headset in cruise to take off or put on a hat, it's deafening. (Thank God for ANR.) I know there is a way to adjust this. Not sure which way to go or if this is what needs adjusting.

I should add it's not a problem with the engine idling. I have noticed issues on the higher frequencies though if monitoring comm 2 getting a loud side tone. Not sure if the 2 are related.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back