• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GPS Tracking Devices - SPOT or Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintroad

Reaction score
Question for the masses.

Do people still use SPOT GPS? Used to use it quite a bit when I was backpacking in CONUS and deployed overseas as a defense contractor later in life, and even while having coverage from Lloyd's of London contracts for world-wide extraction along with my work with G4S.

Found the original SPOT to be quite buggy at the time and I assume it hasn't gotten any better. Any other kind of satellite tracking devices on the market?
Is this something used by VFR pilots to update status, position and tracking to HQ (family or otherwise) during the trip? Looking at 2000 mile XC coming up potentially and wanted to scout it out...

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back