• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Glare shield and eye brow fitment issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadadamsiii

Reaction score
I have a 73 Challenger that has a hump that is on the centerline of panel. I have seen some others that had this to. I ordered the Knots to U glareshield which seemed like a great product but it would not install without getting all wavy and deformed looking. I called Spruce and talked to them about the Ashby product. They were helpfull and even pulled one from stock and sent pictures of it to me. But of course they cannot guarentee it will fit over this hump i have. This IS NOT the off set to the left hump that older Cherokees have. Knots 2 u seems to think my aircraft has been modified but everything there looks like it has been there since 73. No entries in the log book either I and I have seen a few other aircraft with the same hump. I can cover the hump with felt or some other approved anti glare material. I really just need a new eye brow panel. The one I have is tweeked every which way because the made it out of O aluminum and it needs new foam and the plastic end pieces are pretty much demolished.
Does anyone have any experience with this hump I have and the Ashby product? I was going to just order one but its 154.00 in shipping (yes I called to double check) and if it doesn't fit it will probably cost me that to send it back and I would be out 300 bucks.
Or maybe someone has an idea on where to get the plastic end caps for the factory eye brow panel. Plane plastics doesnt list them.
Also my upper edge of my panel follows the standard contour. This hump I have is most pronounced right where the centerline wind shield post meets the instrument panel at the forward edge.
I attached some pictures so I hope it explains my dilemma a little better.
Thanks for any help.

20170128_084133.jpg

20170128_084155.jpg

20170128_084210.jpg

20170128_084411.jpg

20170128_084433.jpg

20170128_084444.jpg

Latest posts

Back