• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flying north for the winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drotto25

Reaction score
I like to ski, but living in central Jersey and driving at least 4 plus hours and battling traffic to get up into Vermont, New Hampshire, and even Maine has always been a mild deterant. Now working on my license, and my dad having his, I have been exploring the idea of flying north.

I see several small airports within 30 minutes of major ski places, which would be a 2 hour or less flight, with much less hassel than driving. I was wondering does anybody have experince with some of these airports?

Morrisville-Stowe State Airport (Morrisville, VT) [KMVL/MVL] near Stowe and Smugglers Notch.

Rutland - Southern Vermont Rgnl Airport (Rutland, VT) [KRUT/RUT] near Okemo, Killington, and Pico.

Newport State Airport (Newport, VT) [KEFK/EFK] near Jay Peak

Sugarloaf Rgnl Airport (Carrabassett, ME) [B21] near Sugarloaf mountain.

Any other suggestions or comments would be great. I know there are other small airports that may service the same places, but be further away. Plus Burlington is a charlie for the Norther Vermont region.

Latest posts

Back