• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flying across the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son, Adrian, is working towards a career in aviation as a pilot. At the end of 2018, he got his private and instrument rating when he turned 17. At that time he had 100 hours. Since then he's received his high performance, complex, and mountain flying endorsements, and has been working towards the commercial rating. His current goal is to earn his CPL before he graduates high school. The one requirement that he's missing is the PIC time. He's needs about 50 hours or so. Now that we've got our Archer back in the air, he's back at it with enthusiasm. Originally he just planned to fly down to Dallas, TX and back for an introduction to the B737 in the AA simulator. After discussing it between himself, his instructor, and myself, he's expanded the trip into an adventure across the US to build the remaining time. We all figured that making circles in the sky and local flying wouldn't be nearly as meaningful as flying through a large variety of weather, airspace, and terrain. With that in mind, he's planned a trip from Indiana, PA, down to Florida, across the southern US, eventually to Seattle, WA and back. Along the way he'll visit some interesting places, visit family and friends, and build time doing it. While he's travelling, he's sending out emails and pictures that I thought I would share with the forum. I've enjoyed reading his messages and hope you do too.

rayb

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back