• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

First time back since 2-5-79

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Long time coming,after soloing on 2-5-79 in a Cherokee 140,yesterday was the first time back in a 140. As some of you know,some dreams have to go on the back burner and you have to wait to see if they will come around again. Well mine did, some might think I got the cart ahead of the horse by buying a local 140,but I did go get my medical before I gave away the check, but yesterday the wind settled down finally and away I went. It was amazing when the nose came off the ground and we climbed on up,did a few turns and came back in. So much to learn but was surprised at how much I remembered.The bug is back,wish me well,as I will have a lot of simple questions to ask,wondering do they print a book like flying for dumbies? There are so many acronyms now,sometimes wish they would just spell it out. Anyway I'm up there so watch out for me!

Latest posts

Back