• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

First '50 hour' service, what am I missing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmandu

Gear Swinger
Reaction score
About to do the first oil change / spark plug clean / fluid check on my new to me '69 Arrow. Been a gearhead on cars for years, never touched a Lycoming except on preflight. Watched a couple YouTubes, and have an experienced partner that should be there to help. Here's a list I've come up with:

Filter: Champion CH48110-1
8 qts oil
paper towels
5 Gal bucket
3' x 8" or so of cardboard to channel oil from filter away from engine
1" socket for filter
Hose for drain valve to bucket (ID size?)
Safety wire
Wire cutters
Spark plug socket/extension/socket wrench/torque wrench
Dental pick for carbon
Propane torch/water cup to anneal copper washers
Hydraulic fluid
Brake-cleen
Torque specs for plugs and filter?

Can someone answer the questions? What else?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back