• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Facing reality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgreen

Reaction score
We conservatives should not kid ourselves.

Barack Obama will be re-elected. If we nominate Romney, Republicans might hold their majority in the House and might even get 51 Senate seats. If Gingrich is the nominee, he will win maybe two or three states. Worse, both houses of Congress could be back in Democratic hands, including a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. I don't even want to think about the consequences of that nightmare. And by the way, Newt Gingrich would be a HORRIBLE President. Imagine a man that rudderless in an executive office, where you have to know how to make things happen.

I've always had a fairly strong interest in seeing conservatives elected. But for the first time in my life I am seriously afraid of what is going to happen to us after the 2012 election. Using the tax code to redistribute income, government direction of investment capital to achieve political objectives, companies blocked from building new plants in right to work states, more entitlement spending and higher taxes - all in our future if the Presidency and Congress both go Democratic.

I hope that in the fall of 2012, somebody digs up this thread and shows me how wrong I was.

Latest posts

Back