• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Excess fuel in oil...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiveoboy01

Reaction score
I just received the results from my second oil analysis since the overhaul. Good news is that all the wesr metals and silicon have dropped a bunch, bad news is that the fuel was 3.5%....

Last sample the fuel measurement was Trace.

Samples taken at 10 hours and 36 hours. 20W-50 type M.

Viscosity slightly low on both samples at 76 and 79. But I'm concerned about the fuel.

Possible causes? Take any action, or see what the results are in another 25 hours?

Latest posts

Back