• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Engine advice please....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IO-360-C1C6 with around 1650 hours. Last two oil changes reveled ferrous and non-ferrous materials in the filter. Not burning oil and performance is normal. Two AP's think cam is starting to fail.

History: The engine had the crank replaced in 2013 under SB569A and only has about 400 hours on it. Spoke with John @ PineMountain aviation in Danbury, CT and I feel the easiest is a rebuild through him. He's local, I can drive the engine to him and pick up when completed. He did the Crankshaft. He suggested Diamond lifters, sending out the case for inspection, reusing the crank and rebuild the engine as needed. We both agree to order parts now, fly it and do the rebuild in the fall. If the performance deceases then the time frame will move up.

in addition, Prop gov and oil cooler will be sent out for inspection. Engine mount will be sent out for inspection. Am I missing anything? Thoughts? Direction?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back