• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Electric Tach Pickup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChampagneandGrits

Reaction score
Good morning!

Wondering if this vast knowledge base can help! Six months ago I purchased a 1981 Piper Turbo Seminole (PA-44T) that I am really enjoying. Over the last few months had erroneous readings of the right engine rpm and now nothing. Checked the system wiring, adjusted magnetic/electric pickup on the engine, and checked voltage output of the pickup with the engine running without result. The pickup is worn to the nub versus the left engine that works fine. I switched tachs with a known working one with the same result. I am having issue finding a new or serviceable pickup for the engine. The Piper Part # 763 504. Boeing may have it, but cant get in contact with them. Any help appreciated!

On a side note, was this setup of tach and engine pickup used on other aircraft by piper or others? This may help in finding pickup.

Art

Latest posts

Back