• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dynon Skyview- worth my wait.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been waiting for over a year, and regularly drop in on their office which is in my hometown.

I was really disappointed this year after seeing the PA-28 removed from the AML timeline, especially after having my cherokee 235 inspected at their hangar to be a customer supplied test plane. But, after corresponding with their president, I still think it will be worth the wait for anybody who wants to have a top of the line, feature rich modern panel.

After sending a note to the Founder John Torode, the president Robert Hamilton sent me this reply (posted with his permission):

—-

Hello Brendan,

As you know, we planned to be much further along at this point. We are proud to have pioneered, with the FAA, a lower cost process of STC certification. However, it became a process that others can copy. I don't think anyone denies that Dynon has been the leader in advanced, lower price point avionics for General Aviation in experimental, LSA, and Part 23 aircraft. Others have been copying our every move, but that does not deter us from charging ahead and continuing to be at the forefront of making the best avionics at the affordable prices, so that more people can enter and enjoy aviation.

You asked why we are not meeting our original schedule. The reality is, we do not have internal DARs and DERs, and events like the FAA shut down slowed our progress. We are sticking with our plan, and will be expanding the STC to most singles and twins including the PA28. The good news is that Dynon avionics are both better equipment and a complete ship-set is about $10,000 lower cost once you have it installed.

So that is what I can tell you. Again, we are disappointed that we do not yet have the PA28, and cannot at this time give you a date. We are working hard to make it happen. The future will show that we are the better option.

Best Regards,
Robert

Latest posts

Back