• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dynan at Trio vs Garmin and GFC-500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in pre buy on a 1979 Dakota. Has a GNS 430, 530 (both waas) and a STec 60.

I want to upgrade the panel top to bottom (I've been spoiled flying the Cirrus SR20) and I was about to pull the trigger on Garmin panel and GFC-500 but have been talked into the much more inexpensive but feature rich Dynan. The issue is the AP. I've been told the Trio is the one to get and that it will soon talk directly with the Dynan in terms of being able to set altitude/VS/ Heading etc etc on the PFD.

1) Is this true that the Trio will be able to work with the Dynan and
2) Does the Trio have pitch trim

Also, from people's experience, what features would I be missing (if any) going to Dynan at Trio from Garmin. Light IFR is in my mission profile.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back