• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Directional Gyro

kf6iat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever sell this?? Today my DG reached at least 1500RPM.... I think it is toast..

kf6iat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will talk to my A&P and get back with you.....

bryris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My DG is likely working. Its probably something else, plus I need a heading bug. I use it quite a bit for sit awareness.

cappy48

Established Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have the DG?

I have this one!

Just removed from my Warrior for upgrade to the Aspen..

Checked over by Woodlawn last year when spring replaced (not OHed) working perfectly when removed in January this year.

Has the heading bug, NO AP output..

Cap
20210227_175700.jpg
20210227_175727.jpg

shanecoley

N4403J
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this one!

Just removed from my Warrior for upgrade to the Aspen..

Checked over by Woodlawn last year when spring replaced (not OHed) working perfectly when removed in January this year.

Has the heading bug, NO AP output..

Cap
How much @cappy48?

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one that came out of my 85 Archer for sale. It has a heading bug. I was functional when I replaced it with a G5 HSI.
dg frnt.jpg
dg back.jpg
dg back.jpg
dg.jpg