• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dampening resonant vibrations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebRuss

Reaction score
Hello All!

The wife and I flew up to Triple Tree (SC00) it took about 3 hours each way.

One issue I noticed during flight is what I would call resonant vibrations from the engine throughout the craft. For example 2350 rpm I would get a pulsing vibration in my feet and 2400 or so rpm I would feel it more in my seat. Full power VY climb seemed to produce a bit more vibration in my left armrest.

Right now all that is on the floor is 1/4 inch thick carpet panels which don't really do much to help with vibration or noise. I know they sell a noise & vibration dampening material for cars called "hushmat".

Does a product similar to Hushmat exist for aircraft?

Have any of you used this material and was it useful/successful?

Regards
Russ

Latest posts

Back