• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dakota for sale

PaulR

Reaction score
Very nice looking Dakota an best wishes in selling her and finding her a new home.

arkvet

Reaction score
that is a beautiful Dakota!!!!

If you don't mind me asking who did the instrument overlay? I am looking for something like that for my Saratoga. I have a mixture of vacuum instruments along with a JPI 830 and a Garmin G5. Having to cut out the plastic for the square instruments doesn't look that clean. I don't want to have to redo the whole panel but would like a cleaner overlay.

One of my questions regarding fabrication is whether the new overlay is mounted on the the protruding studs (OEM) or if the studs are removed and its mounted flush. I am planning newlites (or something comparable) so all the original back lighting can be removed.

Last edited:

cmeardi

Reaction score
All the work was done by Pristine Aircraft in Ohio. They completely 'rehabilitated' the plane 3 years ago

N677ap

Reaction score
Beautiful Dakota! I'm looking to buy a Dakota. Too bad it's out of my price range.

cmeardi

Reaction score
A wise aviator once told me "pay now or pay later when buying an aircraft". Basically, it's VERY easy to spend $20k-$30k on an bird after purchase. Whether on interior, panel, autopilot, general repairs etc etc... this aircraft has had everything done in the last 3 years and is ready to fly safely. Stuff done to her Include: the windows and seals replaced, engine, prop, interior, panel, lights, paint and the list goes on and on!! Absolutely everything works and she flys beautifully! So yes you can buy a Dakota for less, but I'm sure many on this forum would agree that the money adds up fast when you're trying to upgrade and maintain a 'cheap' Dakota needing repairs.
Chris

netsurfr

Reaction score
A wise aviator once told me "pay now or pay later when buying an aircraft". Basically, it's VERY easy to spend $20k-$30k on an bird after purchase. Whether on interior, panel, autopilot, general repairs etc etc... this aircraft has had everything done in the last 3 years and is ready to fly safely. Stuff done to her Include: the windows and seals replaced, engine, prop, interior, panel, lights, paint and the list goes on and on!! Absolutely everything works and she flys beautifully! So yes you can buy a Dakota for less, but I'm sure many on this forum would agree that the money adds up fast when you're trying to upgrade and maintain a 'cheap' Dakota needing repairs.
Chris

Very true. I bought my "expensive" Dakota in 2014 and a big reason for that one was that it had been upgraded/remodeled inside and out as well as avionics upgrades I would have wanted. It would have been MUCH more expensive, time consuming and stressful had I had to deal with getting a cheaper one and having all that work done to it. Even with all that it's very easy to spend $20k -30k on a new to you plane in the first couple years.

Latest posts