• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Chesterfield Co Airport - Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickC

Reaction score
My wife and I flew into KFCI last weekend for a two night stay. We were in town for her grandfathers funeral, but being 91 it was more a celebration of life. The airport was extremely hospitable and clean. The linesman had my plane tied down faster than I could blink and they helped my cover the plane. They also brought over a golf cart to carry my wife and all of our bags into the terminal building. One of the best airport experiences I have had in the short amount of time I have been flying. There is also a nice restaurant there. We did not eat there, but there was a long wait at all times leading me to believe it must have been pretty good.

Also, the Falcon and Leer referenced earlier - One landed before me and the other behind me. That doesn't happen up here in North Georgia too often.

Question: Do you tip the linesman? I did - He laughed joking that the big Falcon Jet and LeerJet on either side of me didn't bother to tip and seemed very thankful.

Regarding the flight - It took us 3hrs 7min going with an average ground speed of 123 knots - in my Cherokee 140. Very nice, smooth, calm flight. The return trip was not so great taking about 3hrs 47min. We averaged about 90 knots ground speed (with an airspeed of 110 knots) Very rough and turbulent for the first 2.5 hrs and then everything calmed down and last hour was nice.

Latest posts

Back