• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Challenger/Archer Wanted

smash

Reaction score
Hello. Looking for a solid 1973-1980 Challenger/Archer for my personal use and promise to give it a "good home"!. Prefer no damage history, all original logs, desire TTAF <4,000 hrs. I'm located in Michigan but willing to consider anything in the U.S. Thanks. email is [email protected]

Last edited:

Unit74

Reaction score
You talked to Bartelt yet? They might have a line. They seem to me the Piper guys of the brokerage world.

I know of two you just missed. I sold mine and another excellent example just sold on Beechtalk as well. Both were high dollar planes very well equipped. They are out there, just hold out for the right one. Lots of junk on the market so be careful when looking.

ericbolt

Reaction score
Hello. Looking for a solid 1973-1980 Challenger/Archer for my personal use and promise to give it a "good home"!. Prefer no damage history, all original logs, desire TTAF <4,000 hrs. I'm located in Michigan but willing to consider anything in the U.S. Thanks. email is [email protected]
Check this lady out and see if it peaks your interest. I can get you more pictures and info if it does! Thanks!

N677ap

Reaction score
I had a Warrior II PA28-161 and really liked it although slow. I would prefer the 180 but seeing what is out there for sale as I will buy as soon as I find the right machine. Looking at $100k USD or less for the right machine.
I'm on the fence about selling my plane. It's a 1977 Piper Archer II. It has the tapered wing you are looking for. Has 3100 tt, 1080 SMOH, 1 SPOH. Glass panel, and many other options and aftermarket goodies.

$75,000 will push me off the fence. :)

Here's a link to pictures, if interested.
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/stevenhmiller/library/pa28

Picture of plane:

Picture of panel:

smash

Reaction score
Beautiful plane! Thanks for the reply post and although I'm sure worth it, this one will unfortunately be out of my budget range.:sad:

PaulR

Reaction score
Looks like a very nice panel with the Aspen and Dual Garmins and wondering if it has an ap? Anyway a very nice setup and I owned a 82 Archer and wish it had a panel that nice as yours looks perfect for that plane.

Last edited:

N677ap

Reaction score
Looks like a very nice panel with the Aspen and Dual Garmins and wondering if it has an ap? Anyway a very nice setup and I owned a 82 Archer and wish it had a panel that nice as yours looks perfect for that plane.
Yes, it has autopilot. plane is fully loaded with aftermarket goodies.