• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Ceramic Coating Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O37Cherokee

Reaction score
First: My intentions. I have a '63 Comanche with an older / faded paint. I was not trying to make a showpiece, just slow down the degradation. I don't have the $$ for a new paint job. I saw discussion on here with Backpacker aviation and his ceramic coating. Holy Toledo! Turned out way better than I expected. The pictures don't do it justice as it was cloudy and dark. She sparkled even in the low light. Review: Derrick had good communication. Showed up. Got the job done and I am more than happy with it. He is a member on here under backpackeraviation. View attachment IMG_9284.jpgView attachment IMG_9288.jpg

Now:
1) For all that will say I could have done it myself for less. Yes, but it has been 5 years of good intentions and I didn't get it done.
2) This coating or that coating is better? All I know is it looks great and we will see how it holds up in the next 5 years.

Latest posts

Back