• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Century IIB autopilot fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboyfl

Reaction score
My Arrow is equipped with a piper,nee century autopilot which suddenly failed in flight IMC. I originally thought the AI was having a problem. Descent to vfr return ok.
When I did the preflight test of the autopilot it was working correctly, ie power on roll left/right .
After landing I retested the AI and vacuum 5.5 seem ok however know the ground test just causes the yoke to roll right unstoppable.
So the question is could the AI be delivering bad voltage or did the century head just crap out..any ideas will help

Latest posts

Back