• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Century 41 Maintenance Manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkvet

Reaction score
Looking for one. Not the users manual. I have that.

My Century 41 AP performs very well but has one long time glitch that I've just tolerated because I have been VFR only. Now that I'm working on my IFR I really want the kinks worked out.

The issue: Right turns are too steep. Left turns are standard rate and will take you 360 degrees in 1 minute +/- 5 seconds pretty much every time. Right turns are more like 35-40 degrees which is about twice standard rate in my Toga.

So far I've been hand flying all my approaches and just using the heading mode briefly while I do other tasks.

I'm having a G5 HSI installed (currently) that will add GPSS and I'm curious if the GPSS will smooth out that steeper bank but I'm betting it doesn't. I think the AP still handles that turn even thought the magenta line may not turn that sharp? We shall see.

The Century 41 is one of their newer (relatively speaking) AP's and is digital. I am wondering if the bank angle adjustment is relatively simple or if I'm going to have to ship it off to Oklahoma to be serviced. I thought the Maintenance / Service manual was a good place to start.

Latest posts

Back