• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cabin Door Latch Broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chavycha

CGLUMPS or bust!!!
Reaction score
I was out at the airport today trying to troubleshoot some water intrusion to my Cherokee 180, and found that the main door latch (the lower one) has broken.

The complete latch assembly is part 68188-00. However, all that appears to be broken is the pin which holds the latch tongue in a vertical position. The bottom portion sheared off - the top is still attached to the tongue, and thus the latch mechanism still somewhat functions.

I see the pin in the parts guide as part 424 163, AN392-53, a 1-21/32 1/8 clevis pin. However, I also see 424-162, AN392-49, a 1-7/32 1/8 clevis pin.

I will of course order both, as they are just a couple bucks each...think that will do it?

Latest posts

Back