• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bringing deice boots back to life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N964MM

Reaction score
My Aztec just came out of annual.

While there, they did a beautiful job of making the boots shiny...never looked better.

But, on my first trip i got a fair amount of ice descending through layers and when i popped the boots....nothing came off. Boots cycled, but the ice didn't shed. After cycling boots looked like a cake pan with nothing but crumbs on the bottom. :-?

So, i'm now in the camp of 'substance over style' in terms of how boots look vs perform.

My question is, what do other do to keep older boots nice and pliable yet functional.

My boots are in fairly good shape but there is some age and checkering that is starting to show.

BFG has a product called Age Master. It is $250/qt!

I'll sped the money, but is it worth it?

I'd be really interested in knowing how others treat their boots? In other words what are the steps you take in treating boots?

Thanks!

Mark

Latest posts

Back